What we offer.......
Statutory Induction of NQTs – NQTs working in primary and secondary schools
As an Appropriate Body, we have the main quality assurance role within the induction process, ensuring schools provide adequate support for their NQTs and that assessment is fair and consistent across institutions. The relevant statutory guidance can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/induction-for-newly-qualified-teachers-nqts
An NQT cannot start statutory Induction until their Appropriate Body has been agreed and the relevant registration paperwork submitted. Schools may work with the Appropriate Body of their choice.
Cost £300+ VAT per NQT
This includes the following:
- Registration of NQTs and regular updates as required by NCTL;
- An introductory session for NQTs and their induction tutor to provide essential guidance;
- An NQT Induction Handbook that clearly defines the roles and responsibilities of NQTs, schools and Kyra as the Appropriate Body;
- Document templates for use by schools;
- Opportunities to build networks;
- Email prompts regarding key actions and deadlines;
- Point of contact to plan support when an issue is raised by the school, NQT or other stakeholder;
- Administrative support through telephone, e-mail and website;
- Assistance in planning additional targeted support and intervention, including on-site visits, where an NQT’s progress is causing concern;
- Quality Assurance of 10% of NQTs.
General Data Protection Regulation
You may be aware that from 25th May 2018, the rules around data protection are changing. The 'General Data Protection Regulation' (GDPR) will change how we can use personal data (including yours) and keep it safe, and will also strengthen individual’s rights over their own data.
We only collect and use personal information about you when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use it where we need to:
- comply with a legal obligation. Our statutory duty as an appropriate body can be found in the Induction for newly qualified teachers (England) Statutory guidance for appropriate bodies, headteachers, school staff and governing bodies
We have updated our Privacy Notice for NQTs registered for Newly Qualified Teachers Induction with Kyra TSA about how we handle your personal data, including who we will share your data with. You can find this in the
Questions or concerns
If you have any questions about how the GDPR affects you, or would like a copy of our data protection policy, you can contact Jude Smith Kyra Data Protection Lead
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 07769661479