Mount Street Academy is the Lead School for Kyra Teaching School Alliance and we offer both the School Direct & School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) Programmes.
Our course offers a PGCE qualification with QTS. Training programmes are school based, with a one day training session per week at either Lincoln University, LTSA or within one of our partner Primary Schools.
Why choose us?
All of the schools in our consortium are like-minded, forward-thinking Lead Schools and Teaching School Alliances who believe that Initial Teacher Training is an important and integral feature of Education. We are dedicated to recruiting and nurturing outstanding teachers and thereby investing in the lives and learning of pupils in and around Lincolnshire. As leading schools that identify the importance of networking and collaborative practice, we have joined forces to bring further strength and variety to Initial Teacher Training (ITT) in and around Lincolnshire. Each school has its wealth of experts, specialists and outstanding practitioners who will deliver research based training, imparting their knowledge and skills. Together, we can offer a large variety of schools and settings who are all ready to share high quality and insightful practice.
“The School Direct Teacher Training Programme has been so rewarding. Within our partnership I have been able to observe outstanding teacher practice, develop a strong support network with fellow trainees, and receive relevant teaching from experts in their field. The mentors are incredibly supportive and, most importantly, inspire you to be the best you can be.”
Why choose Kyra Teaching School Alliance Hub?
Kyra Teaching School Alliance consists of a number of primary, nursery, infant and junior schools across Lincolnshire, offering a range of contexts, specialisms and experiences. We aim to use the unique expertise within our Alliance to offer the best possible experience for our trainees and support them in becoming the aspirant school leaders of the future. Every school within the Alliance has a long history of working with a variety of Initial Teacher Training Providers to support trainee teachers. Kyra Teaching School Alliance has been involved in the School Direct Programme since its inception and we are proud of our high recruitment record. 100% of our trainees last year completed their training with “good or high achieving” and many have been recruited and retained within our Alliance. Kyra Teaching School Alliance offers a bespoke Early Career Programme. We offer outstanding training and support for every trainee through their initial teacher training year and beyond.
“I chose the School Direct route into teaching because I wanted the challenge of extending my own skills whilst being a member of a school team. I knew I was passionate about children and their early experiences, however, School Direct went beyond my expectations. The year is an exciting journey in which you find out so much about your own character through specialists, leaders, mentors and friends that champion you to thrive into the very best teacher you can be for a successful career.”
We work in partnership with the following Teaching Schools and Lead Schools. You can find the schools within the Kyra hub below and the name of all the Lead Schools and ITT Co-ordinator who offer the School Direct Programme by downloading the document Partnership Hubs: Lead School, Mentor and Hub Schools and if you wish for further information or to arrange a visit and/or some work experience, please do not hesitate to contact the relevant ITT coordinator.
Kyra Teaching School Alliance Partner 'Hub' Schools
Lead Mentor: Catherine.Conyers@kyrateachingschool.com
- Ancaster CE Primary School, Grantham
- Caistor CE and Methodist Primary School, Market Rasen
- Grasby All Saints CE Primary School, Barnetby
- Heckington St Andrews CE Primary School, Heckington
- Lincoln Carlton Academy, Lincoln
- Monks Abbey Primary School, Lincoln
- Morton Trentside Primary School, Gainsborough
- Mount Street Academy, Lincoln
- North Somercotes CE Primary School, Louth
- St Helena's CE Primary School, Wiloughby, Alford
- St Faith's CE Infant School, Lincoln
- St Peter in Eastgate CE Infant School, Lincoln
- The Gainsborough Parish Church CE Primary School, Gainsborough
- Toynton All Saint's Primary School, Spilsby
- Westgate Academy, Lincoln
- Wrangle Primary School, Boston
“Through this employment based route into teaching, I have had access to outstanding mentors who have provided excellent support, guidance and encouragement. I feel extremely privileged to have trained in such a remarkable school and to have been so well prepared for my NQT year.”
What are we looking for?
We are looking for aspirational teachers and the school leaders of the future. We want the most ambitious trainees who will embrace all the opportunities we offer and begin their route to become an outstanding teacher.
Our trainees will be enthusiastic, dedicated, hard-working and committed to making a difference to the lives of the children they teach. We are looking for:
- The ability to communicate knowledge to a range of learners
- High levels of interpersonal skills
- A flexible approach and an openness and willingness to learn
- Skills of resilience which are continually developing
- Reflective on practice, with the ability to take and act upon advice
- Degree qualification (2:2 or above). A first degree comprises 300 HE credit points of which 60 must be at a level 6 but third class degrees will be considered when there is additional evidence to support an application.
- GCSE English, Maths & Science – Grade C/4 or above – equivalency tests can be taken to obtain these grades
- LTSA SCITT will also undertake the relevant safeguarding checks before your training commences, including an Enhanced DBS check, LTSA SCITT will give you full support in completing these checks once you have had an offer of a training place.
ITT Training pathways and application
Vacancies for our courses are on the DFE Find Postgraduate Teacher Training search tool here.
Please note that when applying for our fee paying primary teaching courses you will need to choose the age range in which you wish to train. We are offering these courses with the following codes.
- 29YZ - 3-7 pathway
- P461 - 5-11 pathway
- N403 - 7-11 pathway
These courses are Primary PGCE courses; whichever you select you will be qualified to teach 3-11.
Applications can be made through:
Once your application is received, we will be in touch shortly after following screening processes.