Since the inception and designation of Kyra as a Teaching School in 2012, our remit has remained challenging and exciting; through our talented and forward thinking partnerships we have and will continue to contribute significantly to improving outcomes for children; holding ourselves to account for the impact of our activity. We will work transformationally, collaboratively and inspirationally to rise to the challenge of improving outcomes for children in all our schools.
In 2014 Headteachers and leaders from across our alliance came together to define our vision, regardless of the ever changing educational landscape that we are within our commitment to the “Kyra DNA” remain steadfast.
We will work together to ensure that all children across our schools benefit from the highest standards of teaching and learning and are inspired, supported and prepared to fulfil their potential. Our ability to achieve this depends on our expertise, skills and capacity as teachers, leaders and support staff. We will draw upon our collective professionalism to create a learning community that enables every adult to make the greatest contribution possible and play their full part in fulfilling this commitment to our children.
We will do this by constantly looking within our schools, across our schools, and beyond our immediate community to the wider system to understand our needs, identify best practice and learn from research. We will work together to ensure everyone who works within our partnership is provided with the support and development opportunities in order to be the very best they can be. We will first consider ‘what can we give?’ as our basis for being part of this alliance, with the knowledge that the more you give, the more you are likely to receive in return. Our alliance will be one based on social capital and the participation of professionals at all levels.
We will set the bar high, we will be ambitious and we will hold ourselves to account for the quality and impact of our partnership. We know this is a unique opportunity to achieve something quite transformational. We won’t let that opportunity pass.
In short, we will harness our collective professionalism, expertise, and moral purpose, to ensure no one is left behind, and every school and individual in our partnership thrives – to the benefit of all children.
The KYRA ‘DNA’. Our ‘promises’ to each other:
- Ambitious for children: always setting the bar high, even if it makes us feel uncomfortable, because by working together anything is possible.
- A learning community: constantly understanding our needs and identifying best practice and research to generate a professional learning community. We are not afraid of asking for help, nor are we reserved in offering support & expertise wherever we can.
- Builders of social capital: starting with the premise: ‘what can we give?’ rather than ‘what can we get?’ generates a rich community of mutual-support and professional generosity.
- Quality & impact: holding ourselves to account with clear aims and targets that clearly link to children’s outcomes. As contributors, we will be open to the scrutiny of others, knowing that accountability & review is key to the continued success of any learning community.
- Celebrating diversity: respecting the diversity of schools and members across our alliance. Seeing this as a strength whilst ensuring no one is excluded or left behind.
- Moral Purpose: committed to the success of children and adults in all of our schools. Our opportunity is to achieve something truly transformational that translates into a better education system for all. We celebrate the successes of our partners as we would our own.