NQT Induction & Training
Primary and Secondary schools can register NQTs starting their induction period in September 2018.
Kyra offers 2 levels of support for schools with NQTs which are:
NQT Induction – Kyra is an Appropriate Body for NQT induction and can provide this service to primary and secondary schools
NQT Support – Kyra runs a range of training and support opportunities for primary NQTs and their Induction Tutors, designed to complement and enhance the induction provided by the NQT’s employing school. Details of the support opportunities for 2017-18 will be posted soon.
Statutory Induction of NQTs – NQTs working in primary and secondary schools
As an Appropriate Body, we have the main quality assurance role within the induction process, ensuring schools provide adequate support for their NQTs and that assessment is fair and consistent across institutions. The relevant statutory guidance can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/induction-for-newly-qualified-teachers-nqts
An NQT cannot start statutory Induction until their Appropriate Body has been agreed and the relevant registration paperwork submitted. Schools may work with the Appropriate Body of their choice.
£300 per NQT
This includes the following:
- Registration of NQTs and regular updates as required by NCTL;
- An introductory session for NQTs and their induction tutor to provide essential guidance;
- A NQT Induction Handbook that clearly defines the roles and responsibilities of NQTs, schools and Kyra as the Appropriate Body;
- Document templates for use by schools;
- Opportunities to build networks;
- Email prompts regarding key actions and deadlines;
- Point of contact to plan support when an issue is raised by the school, NQT or other stakeholder;
- Administrative support through telephone, e-mail and website;
- Assistance in planning additional targeted support and intervention, including on-site visits, where an NQT’s progress is causing concern;
- Quality Assurance of 10% of NQTs.
NQT Induction Registration Form Please note we are happy to register NQTs before they have received their QTS certificate (this will need to be provided in September)
"We will harness our collective professionalism, expertise, and moral purpose, to ensure no one is left behind, and every school and individual in our partnership thrives – to the benefit of all children."— Kyra members - 2014
The Kyra Journal is published 6 times per year. It contains news and updates on what’s happening within the alliance and each edition has a focus on one area of activity.
Kyra Member Event Booking
Kyra Research School
Kyra Teaching School
- Mount Street Academy